Frisur (männlich, Latène A)

Moderatoren: Nils B., Turms Kreutzfeldt, Hans T., Chris

Beitragvon Kelvin Wilson » 15.05.2006 13:05

Thanks for the dates, thanks for the compliment... if I find time tomorrow, I might work on a better version. I have still have planned a series of Iron Age hairstyles based on research done on bog bodies from northern Germany... no long hair there, but instead bare necks for all!

Kelvin Wilson
Kelvin Wilson

Beitragvon Kelvin Wilson » 15.05.2006 13:07

P.S. Can anyone tell from the front of the swordknob-face if it has a beard??

Thanks,

Kelvin Wilson
Kelvin Wilson

Beitragvon Steve Lenz » 15.05.2006 13:55

The swordknobs i know have "well-shaved" chins. :D
Steve Lenz

Beitragvon Baerbel Hammes » 15.05.2006 18:22

Hi Kevin und alle anderen,

hier die Zeichnung des Armrings von Schwarzenbach

Bild
Quelle: Haffner, Die westliche Hunsrück-Eifel-Kultur, Berlin 1976, Tafel 9

Es ist ein sog. 3-Knoten-Armring, die nur von Frauen getragen wurden. Ich bin mir deshalb ziemlich sicher, dass es ein Frauengrab war. Es ist leider ein Fund aus der "Hügelgräber-Knackerzeit" des 19. Jh. und somit das Inventar sicher unvollständig. Es müßte da ursprünglich noch einen zweiten gleichartigen Armring geben haben.

Weshalb ich einen Männerkopf (Satyr als Vorbild?) vermute? Von der Seite gesehen zieht sich unterhalb des Ohrs eine geperlte Linie bis zum Kinn, die einen Bart anzudeuten scheint. Die aufgelegten Kügelchen, die die äußere Kante den Rings zwischen den Köpfen schmücken, könnten dann den Bart weiterführen. Außerdem scheinen gestrichelte Linien unter der Nase einen Schnurrbart darzustellen (Das sind keine Zähne, da der Mund darunter angedeutet ist.) - Immer schön doppeldeutig und vexierbildhaft, wie es so LT A/B-Art war. - Schönes Stück (und die Reko ist mein :D ) (Die Umzeichnung ist übrigens nicht ganz genau - die Details sind im Abguss besser zu erkennen)

@ Kevin, you asked about the image you'd posted - I think you can only see a fringe - don't know if long hair or not. The "bulbs" on both sides of the head are the wellknown "keltische Blattkrone" - a symbol representing leaves of mistletoe. (There are some hints in one of the celtic graves at the Glauberg that there might have existed hats with that shape.) By the way, the plait of the head at the Schwarzenbach bracelet is only seen at the inside of the jewellery.

Grüße
Greetings
Bärbel
Baerbel Hammes

Beitragvon Kelvin Wilson » 15.05.2006 20:57

Hello Baerbel,

You write "There are some hints in one of the celtic graves at the Glauberg that there might have existed hats with that shape."... is there a reference to these actual hats in the Theiss book "Das Rätsel der Kelten vom Glauberg" (which I have)? I'd be very interested.

Danke schön,

Kelvin

P.S. Write German if you want! I can read it (but am simply not so fast writing it) :roll:
Kelvin Wilson

Beitragvon Hans T. » 15.05.2006 21:03

Bild

Bild

Hier der Schwertgriff aus La Tene bzw dem Museum. Die Querwülste bei der Frontansicht irrittieren mich. Bei der Ansicht des Hinterhauptes würde ich den dreieckigen Schnitt nicht allzu wörtlich nehmen, liegt wohl auch an der gestalterischen Möglichkeit der Kopfform. Gleichwohl ist der Vergleich zu dem dreieckigen Schnitt auf dem Armreif weiter oben bemerkenswert.

H.
"Des is wia bei jeda Wissenschaft, am Schluß stellt sich dann heraus, daß alles ganz anders war."
Hans T.

Beitragvon Baerbel Hammes » 16.05.2006 13:51

Hallo Kelvin,

Kelvin Wilson hat geschrieben:Hello Baerbel,

You write "There are some hints in one of the celtic graves at the Glauberg that there might have existed hats with that shape."... is there a reference to these actual hats in the Theiss book "Das Rätsel der Kelten vom Glauberg" (which I have)? I'd be very interested.

Danke schön,

Kelvin

P.S. Write German if you want! I can read it (but am simply not so fast
writing it) :roll:

Nein, im Buch "Das Rätsel der Kelten vom Glauberg" (Ausstellungskatalog von 2002) ist der Hinweis noch nicht drin. Im Grab 1 wurden eine Reihe von Gegenständen gefunden, die zum Zeitpunkt der Ausstellung noch nicht zugeordnet werden konnten, u. a. gebogene Metallgegenstände.

Die hessischen Archäologen, die immer noch an den Funden arbeiten, glauben aber mittlerweile, es könnte sich um eine Art Verstärkung für eine Blattkrone gehandelt haben. (Ich selbst habe auch erst vor einem Jahr von diesen Vermutungen gehört.) Das wäre der erste Hinweis überhaupt auf solche Kopfbedeckungen. Die Forschung geht aber noch weiter. Ich glaube, die Glauberggräber haben ihre letzten Geheimnisse noch nicht preisgegeben.

Grüße
Bärbel
Baerbel Hammes

Beitragvon S.Kahnert » 17.05.2006 15:37

Dear Kevin,

ther's a first publication of the Blattkrone:

"Frühkeltische Fürstensitze", Biel/Krause, Arch. Inf. aus Badenwürtemberg 51, Stuttgart 2005

At the article by Prof. Hermann is a picture of the reconstructed Blattkrone.

It is made of a wooden cap in which is stucked an iron wire. This wire forms the "leaves" and is covered with textile. Finally the construction is filled with felt and leather.

Simon
S.Kahnert

Beitragvon Kelvin Wilson » 17.05.2006 22:37

Danke, Simon :o

Ich sah daß is gleich die "Schriften des Keltenmuseums Hochdorf/Enz" und habe sofort ein Exemplar (nur 7 euro) bestellt!

Sehr interessant!

Kelvin Wilson
Kelvin Wilson

Beitragvon Kelvin Wilson » 30.05.2006 08:42

Ich habe das Buch mit der Rekonstruktion der Blattenkrone empfangen... WOW :)

Nun habe ich eine Frage über die Sandsteinstatue des frühkeltischen Fürsten vom Glauberg: wenn die Krone mit das Blattenmüster Leider ist, gilt das denn auch die vergleichbare Rückschütze?

..oh, my German is terrible! What I'm trying to ask is, if the hat is leather, does that suggest the statue's similiarly decorated backcover is a (I merely suggest) short leather mantle?
Here is that back, partly cleaned:

http://www.ruadh.de/Glauberg/Grab/Statu ... hinten.jpg

It has a very distinctive, even thickened edging.

Danke,

Kelvin Wilson
Kelvin Wilson

Beitragvon Steve Lenz » 30.05.2006 08:47

Could be an "Sagum" indeed! But leather? I don?t know.

Or the back of the linothorax!?

Vedhoarix has made an reconstruction of the Glauberg-Linothorax:

http://www.hassiaceltica.de/reko/panzer2.htm
Steve Lenz

Beitragvon Kelvin Wilson » 30.05.2006 09:32

Oh, what beautiful photographs, oh, what beautiful photographs-- thank you, Steve! :o

I will tell you something.
These pictures and the Glauberg discovery remind me all too strongly that I am behind my computer now to do something I could never enjoy as much as what I really want to do: write my book on prehistoric costume. So last week I thought 'oh, sod this', left my house and all the jobs therein to themselves, packed my two children in the car, and that same afternoon drove off to a bungalowpark.
All day long the three of us played in the swimmingpool, and when they were to bed I took out an old laptop, sat down...

and, finally, have started to write my book.

Sorry, I just wanted to throw that out of my system. The list of reconstruction drawings- everything from a Bell Beaker 'shaman' in the west of England to an Etruscan king contemporary to his Hochdorf colleague- I'm sure, would have your heart beat faster.
:wink:

Kelvin
Kelvin Wilson

Beitragvon S.Kahnert » 30.05.2006 09:44

Dear Kelvin,
these are the pictures of the first try.
The new Version looks like this:

http://myblog.de/linothorax

http://hassiaceltica.de/glauberg06/glau0622.htm

Prof. Frey wrote, that teh Cuirass may be of leather or Linen.
Anyway, it might be made of an organic material comparable to those etruscian odr greec cuirasses of the 7th tu 5th century BC.

At Friday I saw another reco of the "Blattkrone" in the HLMD:

It is terrible, it reminded me of Batwings. ](*,)

Greetz Simon
S.Kahnert

Beitragvon Kelvin Wilson » 30.05.2006 10:26

Great, even greater!

What is HLMD? Can you send me/us a picture of those 'Batwings'?

(If you go to
http://www.aais.org.uk/html/portfolio/p ... 1&offset=2
you will see two details of paintings I made of the Sutton Hoo (UK) king and his wife... I did these, oh, five years ago but should still be indicative of where I'd like my version of the Glauberg king to go to. And I do confess that my efforts would fail miserable without efforts like yours guiding them :) )

Thanks,

Kelvin
Kelvin Wilson

Beitragvon Kelvin Wilson » 30.05.2006 10:32

I do have one question, Thomas, about http://hassiaceltica.de/glauberg06/glau0622.htm : ....why the trousers, and why the long sleeves?

And what about the cloak? Was there a cloak pin in the grave in which the 'Blattkrone' was found? I don't see one- at least: not in situ- in the drawing that I have.

Kelvin
Kelvin Wilson

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Frisuren, Haar- & Barttracht, Tätowierung, Make-up