Schulterbrustgürtel der Frührn Eisenzeit?

Moderatoren: Nils B., Turms Kreutzfeldt, Hans T., Chris, Dago

Schulterbrustgürtel der Frührn Eisenzeit?

Beitragvon Baerbel Hammes » 07.12.2005 16:50

weiter geht's mit dem Umzug

Kelvin Wilson hat geschrieben:Hello,

I recently bought a copy of Hans Reinerth's "Tracht und Scmuck im Nordischen Raum" (1939). There is an image I cannot place and I hope you can...

Bild

The caption says "Tragweise des Schulterbrustgürtels und des Lendengürtels von Hamburg-Ultengamme". The main text describes the hipbelts as 'West-German" and says the Hamburg find is an exception for being a shoulderbelt.

Who has seen this before? Who knows where it is now? Who has another, perhaps more modern publication on this peculiar find?

Thank you!

Kelvin Wilson

Sylvia hat geschrieben:Sorry, I never seen this before.
Is ist possible to get some more Informations at the text?

Kelvin Wilson hat geschrieben:Hello Sylvia,

More information? Not much. The chapter is called "Westgermanischer Schmuck der Eisenzeit" and is by Prof. Dr. Werner Radig, Elbing. Further along in that chapter the shoulderbelt is mentioned, but only briefly (and I am transcribing from a Gothic script here, so beware mistakes!):

"Der Westgermane schmückte sich endlich noch mit dem 'holsteinischen Plattengürtel', der über holstein hinaus verbreitet ist [followed by a reference to an illustration titled 'Swebischer Plattengürtel aus Bronze von Hamburg-Fuhlksbüttel', consisting of square plate - ring - square plate, etc.... it is the same the woman is wearing on the illustration!]. Er gehört im algemeinen der Seedorfstufe an. Seine Eigenart besteht in dem Uneinanderreihen von rechteckigen verzierten Bronzeplatten, die durch Ösen und Ketten bzw. Ringe miteinander verbunden sind. Diese Gürteltracht stammt aus dem Voralpengebiet sowohl Österreichs wie Bayerns; der Hallstattkreis gad sie den keltischen und illyrischen Stämmen als unverlierbares Erbe.
'Diese Gürteltracht überdauerte die Germanisierung und steht heute noch in der Volkstracht in einzigartiger Blüte' (G. Müller). Die Tragweise dieser Gürtel ist klar; es waren Lendengürtel. Nur der Prunkgürtel von Hamburg-Ultengamme ist eher eine Schärpe, weshalb man ihn als Schulterbrustgürtel bezeichnet. Symbolische Zeichen auf den Gürteln weisen auch auf die geradezu symbolische Gürteltracht der germanischen Frau hin."

And that, really, is all... Curious to hear what you can deduce from this--thanks,

Kelvin

Hans hat geschrieben:In my humble opinion this is a misinterpretation of large belts for large persons. There are examples of Hallstatt bronze belts, measuring 135 + cm.

H.

Claudia hat geschrieben:I have seen another old article about this find and when I read it I also thought that this must be a misinterpretation. I will look it up, but I will not have time before end of next week.

Thomas Trauner hat geschrieben:Just my suspiction:

"Diese Gürteltracht stammt aus dem Voralpengebiet sowohl Österreichs wie Bayerns; der Hallstattkreis gad sie den keltischen und illyrischen Stämmen als unverlierbares Erbe. "

Some drawings of the Hallstattgraves digged up by Ramsauer (c. 1869)show the usual bronze belts of Ha D1-3 worne "as a shoulderbelt" over the skeleton. It?s not clear, on what this is based.
It?s possible, that the normal bronze-belt was not placed correctly on the person, but given into the grave lying on the side of it, this giving cause to a misinterpretation by Ramsauer.

So maybe two misinterpretations are the reason for this picture.....

Thomas T.
Baerbel Hammes

Zurück zu Schmuck & Accessoirs